You have choices! Whether you are caring for a loved one or are exploring options for yourself, this section will provide you with an overview of the various types of care available to help you reach your goals and needs. Your local Resource Center can be an excellent first step to help you learn more about these choices and what is available in your area.
Home based services and supports can help you stay independent and safe in your home. In home supports can assist with:
- Bathing, dressing, and hygiene
- Meal preparation
- Chores and laundry
- Shopping and transportation
- And much more...
For some people, in home services may not be enough. There are several Facility options to consider:
- Assisted Living - these can be large or small facilities that provide housing and services to people in need. Residents may need help with dressing, bathing, eating and toileting, but do not require 24 hours of nursing care.
- Group Homes - these are often smaller residential facilities that provide housing and services to people in need. Group homes provide both housing and services to people in need and may have limited nursing care available also.
- Nursing Facilities - offer 24 hour nursing care for those with complex medical needs who can no longer live independently.
To search for a licensed facility in your area, visit the Bureau of Healthcare Quality & Compliance website. You can search by city, zip code and/or facility type.
A variety of community supports are also available to seniors and people with disabilities throughout Nevada. Community supports not only help people live more independently, but they can also keep you connected. Examples of community supports that may be available include:
- Chronic disease self management programs
- Transportation and meal services
- Senior Center activities and programs
- Adaptive Recreation programs
- Job Training and Coaching
Often people may combine both in home services and community supports to reach their goals and care needs.